Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Possibilities Abound at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago

Sometimes I just have to get out of town to “refuel my creativity” “get inspired”, “expand my horizons” and “recharge my batteries”.  Call it what you want, that is what I did for a couple of days this week.  Family matters took us to Chicago, but the staging and design business benefited by the sights, sounds and trends experienced at the Chicago Merchandise Mart (http://www.mmart.com/) and design stores in the River North area.  Possibilities abound!!!

In addition to always looking at trends for the staging business, I also have some design projects in process.  In particular, a kitchen and great room for a family, an elegant master bathroom for a couple and just the right leather chair to add to a gentleman’s study.  I always offer my clients a fresh and individualized look based on the newest trends.

How could I not have my batteries recharged after experiencing these and many, many more possibilities . . . .

·          . . .a brand new showroom, LinenMe, (http://www.linenme.com) devoted entirely to linens manufactured in a small, family owned facility in Lithuania.  I plan to share more details on Linen Me in a post next week.
·          . . . cabinetry and cabinet top finishes in the kitchen and bathroom vignettes in the Luxe Mart (http://www.luxehome.com/luxehome) home section.  Luxe Mart is the world’s largest collection of premier boutiques for home building and restoration.  Look for more on these topics too!!!
·          . . . fun and creative store front tile clothed mannequins as well as current trends in tile at Artistic Tile Company (http://search.luxehome.com/showroom/53249/chicago/artistic-tile).  Creativity and inspiring designs abound at The Mart. 
·          . . . being educated by Joann Westwater, president and creative force of Mike Bell, Inc. (http://www.mikebellonline.com/ )  What a treat to look at her in-process and TRULY FABULOUS renderings of her line of furniture designed to seamlessly blend restorations with her selection of 18th, 19th and 20th century antiques.  Of course, my senses were refueled by seeing and touching her antiques and restorations.  

“To be continued” tomorrow….. More details about kitchen and bath beautiful things and trends.  Check back to continue my conversation about what I learned and experienced at the Chicago Merchandise Mart.  I love being able to share so many possibilities with you!!! 

Dwell in possibilities!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment