Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Help a Seller Out: 5 Tips Buyers Would Give Sellers If They Could

What a gem of a find and something my Realtor partners and savvy sellers can use today and tomorrow and on into the future!  The advice is timely, relevant and absolutely perfect.

We found this article in one of our news feeds.  “Help a Seller Out: 5 Tips Buyers Would Give Sellers If They Could” was written by Tara-Nicholle Nelson, a San Francisco area real estate broker, attorney, speaker, author, and publishing/media entrepreneur.  And it is chocked full of deep insights and great ideas.

Here is Tara’s list of buyers’ tips for sellers:

1.    You should see what your home looks like online. No, really

2.    If your home is seriously overpriced, I’ll wait for the price to come down before I even come see it.
3.    There are a whole lot of fish in the sea - I only have to find one.
4.    If I nitpick your house, that probably means I like it.

5. When it comes to staging, the bar is high. Really high.

As you can imagine, I just love what she has to say about home staging.

“HGTV. Houzz. Architectural Digest. All these outlets which constantly publish beautifully designed and decorated homes have influenced what the average American expects their home to look like - and yours, for that matter. Additionally, all the do-it-yourself publications and shows along with the advent of home improvement stores which double as DIY design emporiums have given everyday people of modest means the power to live in beautiful and functional homes, without breaking the bank.”
“Beyond all this, professional home staging has taken off in recent years, as data has repeatedly shown that staged homes sell faster, for more, and more certainly than homes that are not staged, nor well-prepared by their owners.”

“So not only is your home competing with the homes buyers are seeing on TV and in the magazines, it is also competing with professionally staged homes for sale right in your own neighborhood - homes that the very buyers who will come to see your home will also have seen, possibly right before or after they view yours!” 
This article appears in Tara’s blog at http://www.trulia.com/blog/taranelson/  As if you already didn’t need a reason to check out Tara’s blog, she also has an article titled Help A Buyer Out: 5 Tips Sellers Would give Buyers if they Could”. 
I plan to go back regularly to see what Tara has to say about our business.  I can only imagine the possibilities.
Dwell in possibilities

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment