Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Monday, October 17, 2011

Success in Tulsa – Staging in Seattle

Today, we continue the conversation I had recently with a very, very happy seller who we featured in our July 20th blog post (“Have I Got the Girl for You!”).  She called to let me know that her 76th Place house sold in 3 months, far quicker than she expected.

If you read the original post, this seller found me through one of my resource providers.  She had been transferred to Seattle and needed to sell her Tulsa home.  Plus, she knew that her neighbors’ house (identical floor plan) had been on the market for over a year and it was her immediate competition. 

She was smart enough to know that her home would photograph and show better with furniture and accessories.  But she needed to get moved and to work and her furniture was going with her!  That is where I came in. 

We staged her house and the rest is history!!  And she is convinced that her decision to have the house staged made the difference!

The other part of my conversation with her has to do with buying a house in her new hometown.  She told me that staging is a standard in Seattle.  If the house is not staged or does not have eye-catching online photos, “they stick out like a sore thumb.”  She said it is so different from Tulsa but in her case, she used it as a differentiator to sell her house quicker than the competition (her neighbors who still have their house on the market.

You can see more “Before” and “After” photos of the 76th Place -Tulsa house at our web site (http://www.transitions-home-staging.com/76th-Place-Tulsa.html ).

There are two really fun parts of my job – the reaction after the house has been staged and the conversations after the house has been sold.  In both instances, we are focused on opportunities and possibilities.  And that is what professional home staging is all about!

Always dwell in possibilities


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment