Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, October 21, 2011

Ikea, Brad Pitt, Airfields and Islands, Brand Awareness and Dale Carnegie

This week’s Friday treat is a random selection of quirky facts and ideas that I came across this week.  I offer them for your amusement and consideration.
 
·         One in 10 Europeans is said to be conceived in a bed sold by Swedish furniture giant Ikea (The New Yorker)

·         The federal government has begun selling 14,000 parcels of real estate, including airfields, islands, parks, and buildings, in the hope of raising $22 billion over 10 years. (Time)
 
·         By the time an American child is 3 years old, he or she can recognize, on average, 100 brands.  As the popularity of digital devices grows among new parents, marketers are beginning to aggressively target products to the 0-3 age bracket.  (Adweek)

·         Brad Pitt says he suffers from a “psychological defect” that won’t let him go backward.  Pitt says the condition has afflicted him all of his life but that he has learned to accept it.  “For better or worse,” he says, “I want to keep moving on.” (The Week)

·         “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.” (Dale Carnegie, quoted in Psychology Today)
 

Remember to dwell in possibilities but make sure to enjoy yourself in the process!!

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment