Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One of My All Time Favorite Projects and Houses

Over the last month, I had the privilege of staging a house that ranks right up there as one of my all time favorite projects and houses.

What made it so special?

H  The curb appeal is fine but nothing exceptional.  But just wait until you walk in the front door.  The “Wow’s” start the moment you cross the threshold and do not end until you are soaking in the beautiful view of the pond.

H  The home was obviously a labor of love with major remodeling done with taste and style.  Plus, it was the labor of a loving family who enjoyed creating a special home for family and friends to enjoy.  You experience the love and joy in each and every room.

H  THE KITCHEN! (There is so much to say about the kitchen that it deserves its own blog entry . . .to be continued)

H  As my favorite OBEO photographer (and another fan of the house) so eloquently noted – this house is “country without the cute” and “shows how when done well, a relatively smaller home can be great, I would take this any day over some larger homes.”

My staging challenge was to transform this beautiful and unique family home into a place that would appeal to potential buyers but also not overwhelm them.  This meant removing some but not all of what made this home special – once again, the art of home staging.

Today’s pictures provide a “sneak peek” of one of my all time favorite projects and houses. 

Over the next few posts, we will spend more time exploring the “to die for” kitchen and dining area; examine what to do with wallpaper; and, how to handle displays, collectibles, personal mementos and books.  

Keep coming back as we plan to continue this “story”. 


Dwell in possibilities


Cindy

1 comment:

  1. This may support drive your other decisions. Since the kitchen will be the most utilized area of the property, it makes sense that a lot of people desire to keep this room as good as attainable, even though it gets additional wear than any other room inside the home.
    For you to obtain one of the most savings out of the discount countertops, look at stores before the major holidays.

    ReplyDelete