Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Treat - French Design on the Texas Coast

Happy Friday!

Today’s treat highlights another of my favorite blogs – Cote de Texas.  Joni Webb (dubbed “Miss Gracious Living” by Southern Accents magazine) combines wit and a keen eye with an amazing array of spectacular photos of wonderful houses, designs and accessories.  What’s not to like?

The focus of Cote de Texas is to highlight French design on the Texas Coast (Houston primarily).  Being a Texas girl who loves visiting Houston, Cote de Texas can’t help but be one of my favorites – and I am not alone.  With over 71,000 unique visitors each month, Joni struck oil (Texas pun intended) with her blog and insights. 

Each posting is an adventure for the reader.  You can’t help but learn and be inspired by Joni’s perspectives on architecture, interior design and all things French.  For example, her current posting (“A Tale of Two Houses (by the same designer and architect”) starts out as follows:

“Looking at HAR (Houston Area Realtor’ web site) this week I got a lucky hit. A lucky hit is where everything just comes together – wonderful architecture, beautiful interior design, lots of French antiques, and just a bit of a mystery to drive me INSANE!!! A lucky hit like this is very rare and hardly ever happens which makes it all the more special. So…here’s the story. Get your coffee, pull up a chair, and sit back. It’s a little wonderful and a little bit crazy”

Join the throngs and spend a few minutes enjoying Cote de Texas at http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/ .  If you do, you will be inspired by the possibilities Joni shares about French design on the Texas coast!!


Remember to dwell in possibilities!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment