Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Tax Day!

In my former life as a CPA with a tax practice, the final tax day (usually April 15th) was a flurry of activity and the final blessed hours of a grueling marathon.  From early January until mid-April, I worked almost non-stop meeting with clients, preparing their tax returns and serving as their “sounding board” for life issues. 

It was an exhausting and yet very exhilarating time for me because at that time, I loved what I was doing.  As I mentioned before, what made that tax practice so special were the people that I served and got to know.  The relationships made it special work.  But that was then and this is now.

Now, I am doing something else that I absolutely love – home staging and interior design.  I am having the time of my life helping home sellers and Realtors make the most of their house by selling it quicker and for the best possible price with the assistance of my home staging expertise.  I love the relationships I form with my extended family of partner Realtors and savvy sellers.  While it may not be as lucrative as a tax practice, Transitions Home Staging has so many other rewards. 

Since I completed tax returns for many self-employed professionals in my day, I know that today may be very stressful for many Realtors.  Now that I am among your ranks, I feel your pain.  I suggest you find solace in the possibilities of 2011 and beyond – that is what I am doing.

Regardless of how much you owe or the size of your refund, I wish you a Happy Tax Day!!! 


Remember to dwell in “the art of the possible”!


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment