Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Treat – She Is All That and a Bag of Chips

She’s a talented photographer; a self taught designer, collage enthusiast and arranger of flowers; mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and ‘work in progress’; and, supermodel beautiful.  

Slim Paley is all that and a bag of chips! 

Her blog, The Stuff of Life, is fun, entertaining, and inspirational and it is this week’s Friday treat.  It is truly a feast for the senses.  Her photos are breathtaking.  Her sense of style is inspiring. And her blog is just lots of fun.

“Once I packed for a 3 or 4 day trip and put each and every “ensemble” together from soup to nuts, wrapped them all individually already on a hanger.  God that was brilliant. It was the best thing ever that I’ve never done again.  One of the things I’ve come to realize as I get older is that instead of becoming more decisive, I’m going in the opposite direction, and I’m not just talking about packing.  Not really liking this at all- any tips for overcoming??

Where else can you find photos of Garden Dahlias, recipe for Crispy Wild Salmon in Rice Paper, and her current read (Sarah’s Key) and future read (Cocktail Hour under the Tree of Forgetfulness)? 

Indulge your senses and take a break on a Friday during the dog days of August.  Check out Slim Paley today at http://slimpaley.com/ 


Remember to always dwell in possibilities and make sure to have fun in the process!!



Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment