Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Treat - Great Thoughts about Homes

Like my Realtor partners, I love homes. 

I love decorating them.  I love staging them.  I love visiting them.  I love talking about them. 

Most of all, I love living in my home!  I could probably draw the floor plan of every home I’ve lived in.  Home is the space where I belong and which belongs to me.  For Walt and me, our home is the best place on earth.

I also love collecting great thoughts about homes.  My Friday Treat is to share a few of my favorites.

Home is always open arms.
~ John Anthony

It is not the size of the house, but the love that dwells within.
~ Patricia Burlin Kennedy

I loved the house the way you would any new house, because it is populated by your future, the family of children, friends, neighbors who will fill it with noise or chaos and satisfying pleasures.
~ Jane Smiley

Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other.
~ Frederick W. Robertson

Having a place to go – is a home.  Having someone to love – is a family.  Having both – is a blessing.
~ Donna Hedges

Your home is the one dream you can actually walk into.
~ John Tuck


Remember to live your dreams and dwell in possibilities


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment