Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

“I Just Love What You Did to My House!” – Our Home Seller of the Week

As promised, I am back to talk more about this house that we staged recently in Tulsa, OK.  It was music to my ears when the home owner/seller told me that she loved what I did to her house!!  But she is our new Home Seller of the Week because she updated her house and then realized the benefits of professional home staging.. 

This home staging actually took place in two stages.  Based on a website search, the home owner (let’s call her “L”) contacted me for consultation on how to improve her vacant and for sale mid-town Tulsa home.  L” knew that the colors that her family liked were not the right colors that would appeal to prospective buyers.  Plus, she knew that her house needed a few updates.  

My proposal was a new paint color palette that lightened the space and made a graceful flow from room-to-room.  I also recommended that “L” replace the light fixture in the breakfast eating area.  Since the home was vacant, I also recommended that we bring in furniture and accessories.  My recommendations would not only make the house show well, but the online photographs used in the marketing would be wonderful.   At that time, “L” decided to make the paint and lighting updates but to put the staging plan on hold.

After a month or so, “L” called to tell me that she decided to proceed with the staging plan.  Her goal was to sell this house and she believed that it needed the benefit of professional home staging.  We also agreed that the house needed to look its best the moment it was put on the market. 

Given the good “bones” of this house, I had lots of fun dressing it up with clean lined furniture, colorful artwork, and tasteful accessories.

You can see for yourself in the pictures accompanying this posting or by visiting our website for a selection of “Before” and “After” photos of the Delaware project (http://www.transitions-home-staging.com/Delaware-Tulsa.html ).  You can see why “L” exclaimed “I just love what you did to my house!” 

“L” is my Home Seller of the Week because she took the extra steps of repainting and updating her house as well as using a professional home stager.  In the end, “L” realized that her house was a product that needed to appeal to as many buyers as possible.  She understood the possibilities I recommended and we worked together to make it happen!


Dwell in possibilities!


Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment