Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, April 1, 2011

“Your decorating that home with vision and understanding made it a hot item!”

These kind words about our home staging work were shared a few months ago before we started “to be continued.”  I’ve been waiting for the right opportunity to share them and believe this is that time.

Hey Cindy

It is Rick Morgan from Mr.Swat Pest Control.  I inspected the Robin property again for the 3rd or 4th time. I have always hated the outlay of that house. 

This time however when I did the inspection I was so impressed with the potential of the home. I would have never thought of using the basement fireplace room as a bedroom.   In addition the upstairs where the step up is to me was always awkward. But when I saw the way you set it up, as well as the bathrooms, I have to tell you I WAS IMPRESSED!!!!

I personally feel, and this is just my thoughts that your decorating that home with vision and understanding made it a hot item.......!

I work hard every day and some appreciate the efforts I put forth, I simply wanted you to know that your work is ........ without a doubt.......... exceptional.

One likes to hear praise for their work.  It is especially gratifying when it comes from a dispassionate source like Rick who was just performing an inspection of the Robin house (http://www.transitions-home-staging.com/Robin-Staging.html ). 

His comments provide more testimony that professional staging can make a huge difference in the sale of a house.

Dwell in possibilities!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment