Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Friday Treat – This One from “Down Under”

Happy Friday!!

Clean lines, vibrant colors and a fresh perspective – that is what you will find in today’s Friday Treat.  Ivy and Pepper is an Australian blog which has evolved into a magazine and store. 

Melanie Parker and Elizabeth Raptis create eye candy inspirations for anyone who loves houses, lifestyles and design.  Ivy and Pepper- The Blog represents for them “the merging of two creative minds who share a common aesthetic but have individual influences”.  Melanie and Elizabeth “strive to design and provide quality homewares with a focus on modern glamour, drawing inspiration from both travel and fashion”.

Ivy and Piper – The Blog can be found at http://ivyandpiper.blogspot.com.

Treat yourself by spending a few moments Down Under enjoying what Melanie and Elizabeth have to offer.  You can bet that I will be enjoying it too.

Dwell in possibilities!

Cindy

PS – I was up at 3:00am watching the Will and Kate wedding.  I was also up for Diana and Charles and had to see this one.  How about Kate’s dress?  As expected, it was so elegant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment