Since creating the “to be continued” blog, I’ve been closing each post with the words “dwell in possibilities.” I must confess that I borrowed this phrase from the great poet, Emily Dickinson. I saw her quote and realized that it summed up what I am doing as a professional home stager and interior designer.

I am most grateful to Ms. Dickinson for her insightful and inspiring phrase.

Regardless of the size or price range of a house, my objective is to find the possibilities in that house. I am looking for those unique features of that house and finding possible ways to accentuate them for the potential buyer. I am analyzing those unusual spaces that buyers find difficult to understand upon first glance and finding possible functional uses for those spaces.

In the end, my mission is to help the potential buyer see how they could dwell in the possibilities of this house!


Thursday, March 3, 2011

“How to Make Love to Your House”

As you can see in the “all about me” portion of this blog, our company, Transitions Home Staging, L.L.C. is an affiliate of Center Stage Home (http://www.centerstagehome.com).  We received our training and accreditation from this wonderful company that was founded by Lori Matzke, a pioneer in the home staging industry. 
Lori has spent years in the interior design and home staging industry as a trainer, columnist, contributor and author.  She has imparted much knowledge and valuable support to me as well as being a great mentor over the years.  Walt and I were privileged to spend some time with Lori again this summer in her hometown of Minneapolis.  We did training and hands-on staging during the day and then picked her brain in the evenings.
In addition to the Center Stage Home website, Lori has a fun and clever blog entitled “How to Make Love to Your House”.  Just this week, her blog followers got turned on to some finds like the Luxe upholstered chair from Land’s End Country , a canopy bed she found on etsy.com and natural weave drawer and shelf liner from the containerstore.com (my order has been placed).
I don’t know about you, but I love it when someone else wades through the catalogs and websites and finds the deals and information.
How to Make Love to Your House” promises to cover all sorts of lifestyle topics.  I think it will deliver………
Check out Lori’s blog at www.howtomakelovetoyourhouse.com.  You will like her slant and taste.  
Remember to dwell in possibilities!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment